Tuesday, May 20, 2008

..:: 576. The One With D&G ::..

just surfed upon D&G (my fave) and saw their winter 2009 collection.

Photobucket

finally mariah carey's E=MC2 is out in china. share a little joke =)

i called a music store in Raffles City (Shanghai) to check whether they had the newest album.

Me: hi, 请问你们有玛丽亚卡利最新的专辑吗? (do you have MC's newest album ?)
Guy: 有啊

Suspecting that he meant the single she released, Touch My Body...

Me: 我想找的是 E=MC2 , 是那个吗? ( I am looking for E=MC2, is that the one?)
Guy:我有的是 触摸我的身体 (I have ... Touch My Body)

then i heard girls laughing at the back. i tried to control my laughter and thank him before hanging up. It's funnier in chinese i think.

anyway for the album, despite the marriage crap with nick cannon, i still like some of her songs:

touch my body - her 18th #1 on Billboard

migrate - that song is about migrating from one place to another, whether it's from the bar to the club, from the club to the apartment, to wherever, whatever, city to the beach, beach to who knows where.

i stay in love -

And I know we said let go
But I kept on hanging on
Inside I know it's over
You're really gone
It's killing me
Cause there ain't nothing
That I can do
Baby, I stay in love with you

side effects - mariah's ex and how she 'suffers' with him... if u are in an abusive relationship before, this might click

When I space am I still dreaming 'bout them violent times?
Still little protective 'bout the people that I let inside
Still little defensive thinkin' 'bout me tryin' to run my life
Still little depressed inside, I fake a smile and deal with the side effects

love story - couldnt get together because of friends. such things do happen.

And then his friends
Said "its too soon to settle down"
And then her friends
Said "he's a playa, slow it down"
They couldn't be who they was
Cause it just seemed like love
Wasn't on they side

for the record - for those surviving breakups and still reminiscing the old times... i love the song when it goes ' why we cant just press rewind'

Cause when I'm looking in your eyes
Feels like the first time
Give me one good reason why
We can't just press rewind
I don't wanna spend my life
Thinking what it could've been like
If we had another try (one time)
Like back in the day
That look on your face
Feels like, the first time

and of course, the tear-jerker song of the album, bye bye, for those who have lost somebody. i think of my grandmother everytime i hear this song.

intro:
This is for my peoples who just lost somebody
Your best friend, your baby, your man, or your lady
Put your hand way up high
We will never say bye (no, no, no)
Mamas, daddies, sisters, brothers, friends and cousins
This is for my peoples who lost their grandmothers
Lift your head to the sky 'cause we will never say bye

chorus:
I never knew I could hurt like this
And everyday life goes on like
"I wish I could talk to you for awhile"
"I wish I could find a way try not to cry"
As time goes by
And soon as you reach a better place
Still I'll give the whole world to see your face
And I'm bragging right next to you
It feels like you gone too soon
The hardest thing to do is say bye bye

Delicate this last song to those victims in the earthquake and cyclone tragedies.

No comments: