Wednesday, April 08, 2009

..:: 636. The One With Misunderstanding ::..

I received an email...

"Wah Liew ey... John, i salute you. You very the pangseh KING leh. I think it's the 3rd time ?? Seriously. I only know that you are not coming, until I meet the rest lor (seems like only xx and xx knows abt it)!!! Some of us actually rush dwn from school just to meet Mdm Ho. You are always just too late minute guy. Seriously.

It's good that you are enthusiastic at project work because you want to score well for the module... but your enthusiasm is a bit temperamental. As your projmate, it's quite hard to tell when you are in or out. I understand previously you have HR Forum and FYP to deal with. But like the rest of us, we have our own stuff too. Seriously, I kinda felt disappointed. It’s not nice to make last minute "surprises" when it comes to working as a team. I hope you can understand that.

Anw, update you. We ALMOST din get to meet Mdm Ho because there's some miscommunication btwn both of you. She though that the meeting is cancelled since you have oreadi sent her the softcopy. Eventually, she came down just for "yi shi yi shi" because all of us were oreadi at AMK Hub. Probably what you shld consider in the future is to Cc all of us the emails btwn you and Mdm Ho. We almost bust into tears when we heard tt she's unaware of the meeting just now. "

-------------------------------------------------------------
my first reaction was "woo. that is quite a direct feedback"

the enthusiasm temperamental was a bit hard to swallow though...

miscommunication. didnt mean to drop the last min bomb. had to get urgent endorsement and approval that had to take priority over the meeting. didnt want to change the meeting just because of me and everyone wanted it to be over and done with. i got the notice late and i msged 2 of the key members whom i left their contacts with "mdm ho". bad judgment i can say but i guess i was expected to msg 5 other members?

the no turn-up of mdm ho was a stunner for me. cos i emailed her:

------------------------------------------------
From: #CHEN XING TIAN JOHN#
To: Mdm Ho
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 1:00 PM
Subject: Report

Hi Mdm Ho,

I have attached our report. Sorry that I am unable to make it tml as I already had an appointment. However, my team mates will be there.

9xxxxxxx - xx
9xxxxxxx - xx

Thanks for agreeing to meet us.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
John

-----------------------------------------

i even sent her a sms to remind her. mmm... guess when you are the one coordinating and not there, it can be a prob. and yea. should have cc-ed them. my bad.

as for the 3rd time thing... i didnt realise it was the 3rd time? cos i remember i attended all the meetings. anyway have sent an email to check what were the other 2 times. mmm...

well, another learning point for me. wake up, john!

No comments: