..:: 516. The One With Flag Day ::..
today while travelling to jurong point, i saw a few secondary school students doing flag day. I was rather disturbed by the fact that their attitude kinda sucked. It seemed like they were forced to be there doing compulsory CIP... Even in their uniform, they tucked out their shirts, guys and girls alike. I would not donate by the look on their faces too. The places they stood were qutie inappropriate. Some charged up right to the exit of the bus at the bus interchange. How do you expect people to donate when they just alighted from the bus? Worse, some did not even do any greetings and just shove the tin can in front of u...
I saw a few girls sitting on the pavement which was so unglam. If you cant stand for long then go rent a wheelchair. Some even stand beside the less fortunate people who were already there begging for money. I mean standing beside them just feels so wrong... of so many places why do they have to stand beside the poor man. They would gather in groups and i found it hard to weave through the crowd...
I remember when i did my red cross flag day, i would go to my fave spot with just another friend and we would separate ourselves when we are there. Your purpose is to raise as much funds and not there for companionship. Too many people standing together, you would not get much money... I stood at the cross junction between the wet market and the coffeeshops... your attire must be presentable and it always helps by smiling and greeting people before you can get them to donate. The aunties, old folks and young children are always the people who donate... even the uncle beside the chinese medical shop gave me free drinks and dropped a 10-dollar note every year i was there...
i really wish the young generation now can find purpose in fund raising...
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment