Sunday, January 08, 2006

..:: 385. The One With Backtrack ::..

some of the stupid things i like to do...

for new year messages...

ocs kelven went fren's hse for countdown.

eocc ervin went MOS so did my bmt buddy chee chong who went phuture instead.

diana celebrated her fren's bdae at a gay pub. lol.

eocc shi hao said i acted cute in my msg.

eocc josiah had to do duty in camp

my bmt sgt peter asked who i am... sad.

my ocs fren jia sheng asked me who i am. sad x2

my hwa chong john asked who i am. sad x3 then later happy new year.

zhiwei asked me who i am. sad x4

steven was at NYE Siloso (2am foam party) and skss lifang both sent me a chn sms.

RM siu said 'haha, happy new yr johnny bird' now where did the bird come from?

my hwa chong raymond said 'hey thanks happy new yr to u too. best wishes for 2006 catch up with u soon man'.

bmt raphael said 'happy new yr to u. wish u best of luck this year and in your future endeavours'. weihao added a 'sir'.

skss wilson asked me who i was. sad x5 then later 'john from where?'

sispec cheng hao and bmt vincent with advance greetings. may this following year be a better one for u.

pei huan, yenlin, miao ling, weiming, joan, sgt garvin sent me fanciful msges.

weilun, matthew, my aunt, weishan, terence, jianfu, stephrene, sengkang, jian yuan, indra, poh boon, jonathan, andy sir sent me happy new year msges.

my bmt buddy chee chong: hey the best buddy ever. happy new year n may all your new year wishes come true

then received some of the comments my trainees had, or rather the impressions they had of me. was rather flattered. not trying to hao lian but is all the encouragement they gave that spur me to continue to nurture young leaders of tomorrow.

.: unedited version :.

John Sir
I think that John Sir gave us the feeling that he is very devoted to army because he is always talking about what he learn in army. I feel that he is quite direct as from what I observed during debrief, he will not try to twist what he wants to convey around but will just say it out directly. I think that he is very organized and very detailed as he always has a standard way of giving us an instruction. One thing I think that is amazing about him was that even though he has a lot of comments to make during debrief, he was able to capture all our attention at all parts of the debrief.

---------------------------------

John Sir
John sir was the duty trainer on day2. He told us a lot about how an instructor should be. During his debrief that was very long, he told us about how a leader should be like. He also shared what he had learnt in the army. That was a learning point too.

---------------------------------

John Sir

He was the Duty Trainer for our Day Committee (Day 2). I find that his method of training us is different from other trainers. He would prompt us along the way to ensure that we were sure of our itinerary and ensured that we were doing the right things. Instead of scolding us right there and then, he discussed with us at a later part of the day where we had gone wrong and how we could have improved on it. I respect him as someone who believes that there is an alternative to guide trainees to become instructors.

---------------------------------

John Sir
He was the best DT I knew in the camp! He was the DT for day 2 and I was the trainee DI for day 2. He did not scold me or shout at me when giving me instruction or even ask me to hurry up. He was calm and he gave me the instruction clearly even if I had any doubt or unclear things he would answer it patiently. He even gave me advance at the end of the day and taught us some useful stuff. I admire him for the patient he has towards us, the trainees.

---------------------------------

Mr John Chen:
“When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.”
-Ernest Hemingway

I admire him a lot for I believe that he possesses the ability to really listen. No doubt, he talks a lot, but even in his speeches there are learning points to pick up here and there. And when he listens, he portrays a genuine sense of attentiveness that will encourage any speaker to open up, knowing that his ears and heart are always open.
He also has a unique and refreshing outlook on how to handle the power that is entrusted to him as a Duty Trainer and I find that I am rather fond of it. Besides being a great friend, he has shown me that there is no rule in the manual of commanding respect that requires one to shout, scold or be unreasonable. In fact, by avoiding all this, he has made his own brand of leadership that I am trying to emulate and grow into. One cannot help but respect him for having this attitude. I certainly wish him all the best and look forward to working with him, for after learning so much I will definitely have more to learn from such an outstanding senior.

---------------------------

John Sir

John sir was our DT for Day 2. Only during the debrief that night then only I felt my admiration for him. I felt the things he said were very meaningful and useful, especially his 10 commandments. Though they were very common and simple ideas from daily lives, it was only when he pointed them out that I felt they were of such significance. I also liked the way he conducted his debrief and the freedom he gives us as instructors-to-be. I could see that he really listens to every single thing we say, and I was quite touched he actually even picked out the little “crap” I had said during my turn to speak during debrief.

---------------------------

John sir
He too has a great personality like the other trainers and is always game for anything like during the second day when he cheered us on during the hike on his bicycle and later became our casualty. Moreover, he did not complain when we handled him harshly during the rescue mission. He is also encouraging and is able to pick out the good points in things and put across the mistakes in a pleasant manner like during the lesson presentation.

No comments: