Saturday, May 07, 2005

..:: 313. The One With A Fun Week ::..

well, today is saturday, one of the rare occasions i get to book out on friday. Well, seriously ever since i am in the army, there is nothing much happening in my civilian life. Everytime i get to book out, its definitely less than 24 hrs. I still need to sleep, wash my stuff, stock up what i need, lastly if got time then catch a movie or what.

I need to keep a journal for my days in ocs too, hence by doing it online, i do not need to do a double entry onto a book. Isnt it good sometimes to hear something that is new? rather than blogging about my trip to town, movie reviews... these things everyone having civilian life can do. Secondly, i also do not have much contact with my friends, so many things to do in such a short time. Moreover, i now need more time to travel to SAFTI MI. Thirdly, isnt my blog supposed to be about my daily activities, thoughts, reflections rather than blogging to please people? or to blog certain stuff to interest people? Think about it.

Nevertheless, when i look at the schedule, i was kinda disheartened. Physical training every evening after combat trainings. However, thanks to the rain, a few had been cut down. Interesting stuff would be the initiation ceremony. We had a turn-out on tue morning at 430am, meaning they will wake us up suddenly by shouting, asking us to fall in in a particular attire in 3 mins. rationale behind it was crap but still we had to do it. Then we went for a run (arghz), ran up a SAFTI tower which has 265 steps that signify 265 days in OCS. Magnificant view at the top. Next we had to take a cool dip, went to do a confidence jump at 5m platform at the swimming pool. Luckily the rest of the day was signal test, lots of waiting time so we found chance to sleep.

Must comment on the food at SAFTI, damn nice. Even the soup got lots of varieties. tou suan, bo bo cha cha, white fungus with papaya, etc.

Just had a IPPT trial test, yeah got a gold... damn happy, still cant believe i manage a 10 chin-ups and a < 9:45 min for my 2.4km after a shack day. if i get a gold in the real test, i can get 200 bucks!

fri morning was the real initiation ceremony where i got to step into this solemn place, ceremonial hall. The $40k and $60k sword and torch were a sight to behold.

After breakfast, we went for a paintball practice. It was damn fun!!! We get to shoot at each other, really train us to take cover properly. Once you get hit, you not only feel the pain but also you will have a coloured stain. I shot a guy at his neck region while he was loading his weapon. *ouch. Many of us got bruises after the practice but still it was fun. especially headshots!

gotta book in sat evening at 5! cos sun got live firing and we can only sleep like after 3am. die!

mmm... lets keep a minute of silence for our late former People's President, Dr Wee Kim Wee...

-end of blog-

P.S: I need to get the officer creed into my head badly. whole platoon been screwed for not being able to recite fully...

I am an officer cadet of OCS
To inspire us onwards as officers to be
I now state with reverance and respect
The officers creed:

I am an officer of the Singapore Armed Forces
My duty is to lead, to excel and to overcome
I lead my man by example
I answer for their training, morale and discipline
I must excel in everything i do
I serve with pride, honour and integrity
I will overcome adversity with courage fortitude and determination
I dedicate my life! to Singapore!

mmm... hopefully i memorised correctly...

No comments: